Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jessops

A former Jessops employee, Peter MacCabe commented this weekend on my blog post of 25th June. The original post was about the latest downturn in Jessops' fortunes. Mr MacCabe wrote:

Peter MacCabe has left a new comment on your post "Jessops":

"I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Mr Hodson. I was employed at Jessops for 13 yrs, if I recall right, Steve was a Store Manager at Bath then went on to be an Area Manager,all this before 2000 when I left.

I'm certainly not going to defend his alleged banging the counter or any other rudeness to customers. Whilst I was there, he was sited as a model Store Manager though he certainly had a "face that fitted".
Regarding the demise of a Store Manager under his control, did the individual concerned sue under current employment legislation?

Sadly I'm convinced that powers higher than Mr Hodson had just a little to do with it...

Which is one of the reasons why they are on the brink of annihilation... "

The individual concerned packed his bags and left although he was offered a lesser job.

No comments: